2, CONYNGHAM ROAD

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1208850
Date first listed:
03-Oct-1974
Statutory Address:
2, CONYNGHAM ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of 2, CONYNGHAM ROAD
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208850.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2019 at 10:37:19.

Location

Statutory Address:
2, CONYNGHAM ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Manchester (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 85565 95567

Details

MANCHESTER

SJ8595 CONYNGHAM ROAD, Rusholme 698-1/22/787 (West side) 03/10/74 No.2

GV II

Villa, now office. c.1840, probably by Richard Lane (who laid out Victoria park in 1836); altered. White-painted render (replacing original stucco), hipped slate roof. Roughly rectangular plan on east-west axis, with short service wing at west end. Late Georgian classical style. Two storeys and 3 bays, symmetrical, the centre slightly recessed, plus one-bay service wing; with plinth, deep 1st-floor sill-band, prominent bracketed eaves. Rectangular pilasterd porch in the centre, with Ionic columns distyle in antis, plain frieze, moulded cornice and blocking course; one tall 15-pane sashed window to each side at ground floor, three 12-pane windows at 1st floor, sashed except that to the 1st bay, which is false. Blocked or blind windows to the wing. Three-bay left return wall with similar fenestration to the front. Rear (garden front) has tripartite sashed windows on both floors of the centre, flanked by two 2-storey segmental bows with similar windows. Interior not inspected.

Listing NGR: SJ8556595567

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
388027
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Oct 2005
Reference: IOE01/14324/13
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Sargeant. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].