Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of HALDON RISE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1208868.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 12-Nov-2019 at 23:11:29.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Torbay (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SX 92927 63535



SX9263 HALDON ROAD 885-1/18/100 (South side) Haldon Rise


Shown on OS Map as Lavernock. Large villa. Probably 1870s (not on 1866 OS map), late C20 renovations. Plastered walls; slate roof; stacks with rendered shafts with moulded cornices. PLAN: Rectangular double-depth plan with entrance on the west side and north service wing and stable block. EXTERIOR: 2 storeys. Deep eaves on moulded brackets; stuccoed quoins; eaves band; platband; windows with moulded architraves and paired sill blocks. Asymmetrical 3-bay front, the centre bay projecting with a hipped roof, the right-hand bay blind with a lateral stack. Round-headed doorway with moulded architrave and keyblock below floating cornice on consoles. Panelled door with fanlight with ornamental glazing bars. Round-headed first floor window above with pilasters, moulded architrave and keyblock: paired round-headed lights with roundel in tympanum. Returns of centre bay have blind round-headed first-floor windows and 4 over 4-pane ground-floor sashes. 12-pane sashes to left-hand bay. Two 2-storey canted bays to garden (south) elevation glazed with 8-pane sashes on the first floor and 4 over one on the ground floor. Alterations and extensions to rear stable block. INTERIOR: Not inspected but likely to retain features of interest. HISTORY: Called Fairholme on 1906 OS map. (1st edition 1866 OS: CXV1.10; 3rd edition 1906).

Listing NGR: SX9292763535


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].