THE JOINERS ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209087
Date first listed:
01-Aug-1952
Statutory Address:
THE JOINERS ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, 64 AND 66, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE JOINERS ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209087 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Aug-2019 at 15:59:43.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE JOINERS ARMS PUBLIC HOUSE, 64 AND 66, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Tonbridge and Malling (District Authority)
Parish:
West Malling
National Grid Reference:
TQ 68022 57789

Details

WEST MALLING

TQ6857 HIGH STREET 1156-0/3/46 Nos.64 AND 66 01/08/52 The Joiners Arms Public House

GV II

Public House. Early C18 with bar fronts of early to mid C19. Built of plum-coloured brick. Plain-tiled roof with external brick chimneystack to left-hand side and stuccoed chimneystack to right. 2 storeys 5 windows. Deep modillion eaves cornice. 5 very narrow 12-pane sashes in moulded architraves, the central and end ones with ogee-moulded brickwork, the 2 to the extreme left set at an angle. The other 3 windows have brick aprons below. Left side early C19 bowed front with pilasters with half-glazed door and decorative fanlight. Right side has shopfront with 2 half-glazed doors, 1 with reeded pilasters and cornice. Left side elevation has projecting brick chimneystack and is tile hung on 1st floor. Double sash to ground floor and is stuccoed behind. Rear elevation has M-shaped roof the double gable tile hung but weatherboarded below. Casements to 2nd floor. Lower floors have 3:1 sashes. Rear room has moulded cornice and C17 plank and mortice panelling. 1st floor original doors and chimneypiece reported.

Listing NGR: TQ6801857787

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392347
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 30 Jun 2001
Reference: IOE01/05957/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard M. Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email EnrichingTheLi[email protected].