GARRETTS FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209143
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1993
Statutory Address:
GARRETTS FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of GARRETTS FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209143 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 23:11:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
GARRETTS FARMHOUSE, MAIN STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Ashby Parva
National Grid Reference:
SP 52888 88173

Details

ASHBY PARVA MAIN STREET SP58NW 1323-0 3/6 (South side) Garrett's Farmhouse GV II

Farmhouse. Datestone: JG 1706 (John Garrett), Partially rebuilt in early-C19. Timber-framed with red brick cladding, except on north side and wing to west, where the timber frame is exposed with straight braces and red brick infilling. Slate roofs, hipped to south-east. L-shaped plan with former barn parallel to road converted to domestic use at an early date. Large brick stack to south and end stack to north. Irregular fenestration of two windows on first floor and one on ground floor to front; one window on each floor to front and one on each floor to rear, all casements. Doorways to inner elevations, one boarded, the other half-glazed. Historical note: the date 1706 probably refers to the first date at which a house was built here; in 1665 Garrett owned agricultural buildings on this site but no house is recorded.

Listing NGR: SP5288888173

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392495
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/03966/17
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Arnold. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].