CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL AND RAILINGS TO WEST

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209178
Date first listed:
30-Sep-1993
Statutory Address:
CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL AND RAILINGS TO WEST, MANOR ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL AND RAILINGS TO WEST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209178 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Aug-2019 at 07:35:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CONGREGATIONAL CHAPEL AND RAILINGS TO WEST, MANOR ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Leicestershire
District:
Harborough (District Authority)
Parish:
Ullesthorpe
National Grid Reference:
SP 50518 87549

Details

ULLESTHORPE MANOR ROAD SP58NW 1323-0/3/102 (East side) Congregational Chapel and railings to west GV II

Chapel. 1825, altered in 1883. Red brick with cogged eaves cornice to very shallow hipped slate roof. Regular side fenestration of three upon three windows, all round-arched 3 lights with transom, glazing. Main facade of three round-arched windows with drip-moulds and Y-glazing over lean-to porch with dog-tooth cornice and three coupled round-arched windows in centre. Round-arched panelled doors in sides of porch. Later C19 cast-iron railings on low stone-coped walls, all with fleurs-de-lys heads and dog rails, flanking entrances and as lower railings to front with four stone- coped piers.

Listing NGR: SP5051887549

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392597
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 23 Aug 2001
Reference: IOE01/03966/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Brian Arnold. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].