MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE AT CHURCH OF ST ANDREW

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209204
Date first listed:
22-Nov-1993
Statutory Address:
MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE AT CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHALE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE AT CHURCH OF ST ANDREW
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209204 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 21-Aug-2019 at 23:59:46.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONUMENT APPROXIMATELY 8 METRES SOUTH OF SOUTH AISLE AT CHURCH OF ST ANDREW, CHALE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Chale
National Grid Reference:
SZ 48332 77555

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 18/09/2012

SZ47NE 1353-0/5/67

CHALE CHALE STREET Monument approx 8 metres south of south aisle at Church of St Andrew

(Formerly listed as Monument approx 8 metres south of south aisle at St Andrew's Church)

II

Chest tomb. Earliest date 1620 with initials T.B. Stone chest with moulded cornice and base. Sides have diamond carving on the north side of which is the date 1620 and outside this is the further date 1799 and the initials K.B. The west end also has the initials E.B.? and dated 16??.

Listing NGR: SZ4833277555

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392669
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00259/24
Rights: Copyright IoE Rev Robert Rudd. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].