NITON BAPTIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209250
Date first listed:
22-Nov-1993
Statutory Address:
NITON BAPTIST CHURCH, BARRACK SHUTE

Map

Ordnance survey map of NITON BAPTIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209250 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 26-Aug-2019 at 10:39:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
NITON BAPTIST CHURCH, BARRACK SHUTE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Niton and Whitwell
National Grid Reference:
SZ 50603 76414

Details

NITON AND WHITWELL

SZ5076 BARRACK SHUTE 1353-0/8/202 Niton Baptist Church

GV II

Church. Built 1849 in Gothic style. Built of Isle of Wight coursed rubble. Slate roof. End gables with kneelers. 4 lancet windows with moulded stone architraves. Projecting central weatherporch with gable having stone kneelers and arched doorcase. 2 storey L wing to right hand side, probably Parish Room and Sunday School in same materials with gable front with kneelers, lst floor lancet, ground floor double lancet and arched doorcase. Right hand side has open arcading on ground floor with brick lined arches. (Niton Calling: 11 - 12).

Listing NGR: SZ5060376414

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392798
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Niton Womens Institute, , Niton Calling, (1984), 11-12
Niton Womens Institute, , Niton Calling, (1984), 11-12

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Aug 2002
Reference: IOE01/08385/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Michael French. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].