MOUNT CLEVES

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1209276

Date first listed: 18-Jan-1967

Statutory Address: MOUNT CLEVES, SANDROCK ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MOUNT CLEVES
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209276 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Dec-2018 at 06:00:57.

Location

Statutory Address: MOUNT CLEVES, SANDROCK ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Niton and Whitwell

National Grid Reference: SZ 50007 75892

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

NITON AND WHITWELL

SZ57NW SANDROCK ROAD 1353-0/5/227 Mount Cleves 18/01/67

GV II

Office for caravan park, formerly house. C18 altered and refronted in 1829. Stuccoed with hipped slate roof and stuccoed chimneystacks. 2 parallel ranges, 2 storeys 3 windows. Wide eaves cornice. East front has giant Ionic pilasters. Most 1st floor windows have 6 glazing bars. Ground floor windows have no glazing bars. Tuscan portico. South front has 4 windows, including 2 projecting hipped end bays with giant Ionic pilasters 4 sashes with 6 glazing bars to 1st floor and without to ground floor. Recessed centre has wooden shutters. Colonnade of square columns and French windows. Plinth. 1 storey conservatory link to left hand side. Mid C19 stuccoed with ramped up parapet with 3 elaborate urns. 2 8-pane sashes and double doors with rectangular fanlight over. Early lead water cistern for a water closet of c.1820 reported inside. In 1802 a lead merchant the owner of the Mortimer Foundry in Newport lived here.

Listing NGR: SZ5011775892

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 392867

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing