WAYTES COURT

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1209292

Date first listed: 21-Jul-1951

Statutory Address: WAYTES COURT, BROAD LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of WAYTES COURT
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209292 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Oct-2018 at 09:57:23.

Location

Statutory Address: WAYTES COURT, BROAD LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Brighstone

National Grid Reference: SZ 42942 82400

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

BRIGHSTONE

SZ4282 BROAD LANE 1354-0/11/16 Waytes Court 21/07/51

GV II

Farmhouse. Early C17 altered and extended in C18 and altered in C20. Built of stone rubble with brick dressings and thatched roof, hipped to right and gable end with kneelers to left with end brick chimneystack. An L-shaped building of 2 storeys and attics, 3 windows. Diocletion dormer. Left side has 4 light stone mullioned window with hood moulding to ground floor. Right side has sashes, 1 tripartite. Gabled C20 weatherporch with lunettes and round-headed entrance with modern door. Plinth to left side gable. Attached to left is an C18 brick English bond outbuilding with thatched roof. 1 sliding casement and cart bay to right side. Interior has early C19 wood and iron stall partitions. Interior of farmhouse has a chamfered beam with heart-shaped stops, another with lambs tongue stops and an ogee arched cupboard. Before the Reformation the house called Waytes Cart was the principal residence in the parish but the foundations of the older Manor house are thought to be to the N.W of the present farmhouse between it and the Parish Church. (C W R Winter: Manor House of the Isle of Wight: 197).

Listing NGR: SZ4294282400

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 392909

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Winter, CWR , The Manor Houses of the Isle of Wight197

End of official listing