LYNCH LANE PITTS COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209325
Date first listed:
28-Mar-1994
Statutory Address:
LYNCH LANE, CHESSEL
Statutory Address:
PITTS COTTAGE, LYNCH LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of LYNCH LANE
PITTS COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209325 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Aug-2019 at 19:22:25.

Location

Statutory Address:
LYNCH LANE, CHESSEL
Statutory Address:
PITTS COTTAGE, LYNCH LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Calbourne
National Grid Reference:
SZ 42482 86081

Details

CALBOURNE

SZ48NW LYNCH LANE, Chessel 1354-0/6/158 Pitts Cottage

II

Cottage. Early C18 extended later C18. Built of coursed Isle of Wight rubble with red brick dressings. Thatched roof with end brick chimney-stacks. 1 1/2 storeys 3 windows. C19 casements. Central C20 French windows. Later outshut to rear. Interior has C18 open fireplace with breadoven. In 1745 the cottage was leased by Sir John Barrington to George Norbury, in 1764 the cottage was leased to one Bucklar and in 1800 it was leased to James Attrill for 99 years.

Listing NGR: SZ4248286081

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
392997
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 15 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00300/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Rev Robert Rudd. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].