CRACKNELLS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209370
Date first listed:
28-Mar-1994
Date of most recent amendment:
13-Jun-1994
Statutory Address:
CRACKNELLS, HALLETS SHUTE

Map

Ordnance survey map of CRACKNELLS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209370.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 16:57:30.

Location

Statutory Address:
CRACKNELLS, HALLETS SHUTE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Isle of Wight (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Freshwater
National Grid Reference:
SZ 34372 89068

Details

In the entry for

FRESHWATER PIXIE HILL SZ 3489 (north east side) 1354-0/10/227 Cracknells Cottage

- II

The address shall be amended to read

SZ 3489 FRESHWATER HALLETS SHUTE (north east side) 1354-0/10/227 Cracknells

- II

------------------------------------

FRESHWATER SZ3489 PIXIE HILL 1354-0/10/227 (North East side) Cracknells Cottage

II

House. Mid C18 with mid C19 wing. Built of ironstone rubble to front, stone rubble to rear with red brick dressings. Modern tiled roof with end brick chimneystacks. 2 storeys and attics 3 windows. 12 pane sashes with moulded architraves. 2 modern dormers. Modern central 15 pane door but extension now in C20 porch to side. Gable has tumbling in. Rear has coursed rubble late C18 or early C19 extension with 2 blocked pointed headed windows, probably originally a chapel. Mid C19 T wing. Interior has fireplace with fluted pilasters in ground floor right room and 2 panelled door. The former house of Admiral Sir Manley Power and Alfred Lord Topham.

Listing NGR: SZ3437289068

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
393116
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Jun 2005
Reference: IOE01/14529/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Miss Claire Pearce. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].