PLUMPTON COTTAGE AND BARN ADJOINING EAST SIDE OF PLUMPTON HOUSE PLUMPTON HOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1209516
Date first listed:
04-Sep-1952
Statutory Address:
PLUMPTON COTTAGE AND BARN ADJOINING EAST SIDE OF PLUMPTON HOUSE, MITCHELL LANE BD10
Statutory Address:
PLUMPTON HOUSE, MITCHELL LANE BD10

Map

Ordnance survey map of PLUMPTON COTTAGE AND BARN ADJOINING EAST SIDE OF PLUMPTON HOUSE
PLUMPTON HOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1209516.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2019 at 18:48:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
PLUMPTON COTTAGE AND BARN ADJOINING EAST SIDE OF PLUMPTON HOUSE, MITCHELL LANE BD10
Statutory Address:
PLUMPTON HOUSE, MITCHELL LANE BD10

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bradford (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 18252 38226

Details

1. 5111 MITCHELL LANE Simpson Green BD10

4.9.52 Plumpton House, Plumpton Cottage and barn adjoining east side of Plumpton House SE 1838 17/70

II

2. A range of buildings with the house in the centre, the cottage at the west end and a barn at the east end. The house is of early C17 origin, large irregularly coursed gritstone blocks. Four and 5 light chamfered mullion windows on ground floor. Late C18 three light square mullion windows inserted first floor. Chamfered jamb doorway with heavy lintel dated 1601, modern door. Above is a very small single block lancet. The cottage projects at the west end: circa 1800 sandstone "brick". Three light square mullion windows and blocked first floor former doorway (adaptation of former outhouse). The large barn at the east end of range has dry walled sandstone "bricks", flush quoins, aisled to north. Two storey outshot to rear of house and single storey one to cottage. The whole under stone slate roofs, corniced chimneys.

Listing NGR: SE1825238226

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
336898
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 25 Oct 2003
Reference: IOE01/11326/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Derek Paley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].