WALLS ENCLOSING FRIENDS BURIAL GROUND

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1211540
Date first listed:
26-Jun-1987
Statutory Address:
WALLS ENCLOSING FRIENDS BURIAL GROUND

Map

Ordnance survey map of WALLS ENCLOSING FRIENDS BURIAL GROUND
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1211540 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 22-May-2019 at 18:35:37.

Location

Statutory Address:
WALLS ENCLOSING FRIENDS BURIAL GROUND

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cornwall (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
St. Minver Highlands
National Grid Reference:
SW 95484 77876

Details

SW 97 NE ST MINVER HIGHLANDS 4/259 Walls enclosing Friends - Burial Ground II Walls to Quaker burial ground. Circa 1690, partly rebuilt in 1883 (date stone). Stone rubble walls with slate coping enclosing burial ground which is square-on-plan. Entrance near centre of front (north-east) elevation. High enclosing wall with square corner piers and pair of square entrance piers with moulded caps. Slate commemorative plaque on front left. Burial ground planted with mature deciduous trees and partly overgrown. Maclean records that there were a considerable number of Quakers in St. Minver at the end of the C17. In circa 1690 a meeting house and small burial ground were erected on the site. By 1879 there was no trace of the meeting house and in 1883 the enclosing wall to the disused burial ground was partly rebuilt. Maclean, Sir John Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall. 1879 vol III

Listing NGR: SW9548477876

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
351582
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Maclean, J, Parochial and Family History of the Deanery of Trigg Minor in the County of Cornwall, (1879)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].