SCHOOL SHOP

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1211928
Date first listed:
25-Sep-1951
Date of most recent amendment:
21-Apr-1983
Statutory Address:
SCHOOL SHOP

Map

Ordnance survey map of SCHOOL SHOP
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1211928 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Sep-2019 at 00:55:56.

Location

Statutory Address:
SCHOOL SHOP

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Buckinghamshire
District:
Aylesbury Vale (District Authority)
Parish:
Stowe
National Grid Reference:
SP 67385 37328

Details

SP 6737 STOWE 9/62 STOWE SCHOOL School shop (formerly listed as The Domed Pavilion) 25.9.51 II

1781 probably by Vincenzo Valdre. Built as Her Ladyship's Menagerie, later the Duke's Museum. Neo-classical building of stone and cement, with 3 bay domed central block with Ionic pilaster order, arched central doorway flanked by niches, parapet with four urns; quadrant wings with Ionic columns, pedimented end pavilions.

Listing NGR: SP6738537328

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
396418
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
Register of Parks and Gardens of Special Historic Interest in England, Part 4 Buckinghamshire,

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16481/07
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Alistair F Nisbet. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].