CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1212249
Date first listed:
17-Nov-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1212249.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 19:12:07.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS, CHURCH ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Milton Keynes (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Bow Brickhill
National Grid Reference:
SP 91147 34401

Details

In the entry for:

SP 93 SW BOW BRICKHILL CHURCH ROAD 9/8 Church of All Saints 17.11.66 II

-

The Grade shall be amended to read II* (star).

------------------------------------

SP 93 SW BOW BRICKHILL CHURCH ROAD

9/8 Church of All Saints

17.11.66

- II Parish Church. C15 with earlier core, restored by Browne-Willis in 1756-7, much restored in c1883, when the S. porch was added. Brown sandstone rubble with some Totternhoe stone dressings, and repairs in limestone and brick. Lead roof to nave, slates to N. aisle, tiles to chancel. C15 embattled W. tower with corner buttresses, 3 slates, 3 light W.window, 2 light belfry windows. Aisles have C15 windows restored. Chancel has brick E. wall of 1756. Interior: nave of 3 bays with C15 arches, roof repaired 1630. Fittings Octagonal font and decorated pulpit both C15. Setting Fine hilltop churchyard with extensive views. RCHM II p 66 MON 1

Listing NGR: SP9114734401

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
396741
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Other
An Inventory of the Historical Monuments in Buckinghamshire Volume Two North, (1913)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 01 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/01027/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr W A Cooper. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].