QUADRANT WALLS, PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATES TO EAST OF COMBE GROVE LODGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1215118
Date first listed:
01-Feb-1956
Statutory Address:
QUADRANT WALLS, PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATES TO EAST OF COMBE GROVE LODGE, BRASSKNOCKER HILL

Map

Ordnance survey map of QUADRANT WALLS, PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATES TO EAST OF COMBE GROVE LODGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1215118.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Jun-2020 at 19:50:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
QUADRANT WALLS, PAIR OF GATE PIERS AND GATES TO EAST OF COMBE GROVE LODGE, BRASSKNOCKER HILL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Monkton Combe
National Grid Reference:
ST7794962703

Details

ST 76 SE MONKTON COMBE BRASSKNOCKER HILL (west side)

7/116 1.2.56 Quadrant Walls, Pair of Gatepiers and Gates to east of Combe Grove Lodge

G.V. II

Quadrant walls, gatepiers and gates. Late C18 and mid C19 for Combe Grove Hotel (q.v.). Flanking quadrant walls of rubble and ashlar, extend for approximately 7 yards to south and 15 yards to north; swept up to massive rusticated gatepiers with moulded caps and urn finial; ornamental cast iron double gates with spear finials, stated to have been brought from the Great Exhibition of 1851.

Listing NGR: ST7794962703

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
400162
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 04 Nov 1999
Reference: IOE01/01384/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Ryall. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].

Back
to top