MONKTON COMBE SCHOOL (THE MAIN OR OLD BLOCK KNOWN AS THE OLD FARM)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1215228
Date first listed:
01-Feb-1956
Statutory Address:
MONKTON COMBE SCHOOL (THE MAIN OR OLD BLOCK KNOWN AS THE OLD FARM)

Map

Ordnance survey map of MONKTON COMBE SCHOOL (THE MAIN OR OLD BLOCK KNOWN AS THE OLD FARM)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1215228.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Jun-2020 at 18:55:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
MONKTON COMBE SCHOOL (THE MAIN OR OLD BLOCK KNOWN AS THE OLD FARM)

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Monkton Combe
National Grid Reference:
ST7741262100

Details

ST 76 SE 7/119 1.2.56

MONKTON COMBE Monkton Combe School, (the main or old block known as The Old Farm)

II

Farmhouse, now part of a school. Dated T.C./1714. Coursed squared rubble with freestone dressings; modern tiled roof with coped raised verges and ashlar stacks. 2 storeys and attics in 3 steep stone gables. Seven 2-light casement windows in ovolo moulded mullions and surrounds and under continuous dripmoulds. Off-centre studded plank door in chamfered surround and under flat stone hood on brackets. Interior: ground floor left room and chamber above both have bolection moulded fireplaces; turned baluster dog-leg staircase.

Listing NGR: ST7741262100

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
400296
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 14 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01407/20
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr James Ryall. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].

Back
to top