CHURCH OF ST PETER

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1215327
Date first listed:
14-Sep-1966
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, FROG HALL

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST PETER
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1215327.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Feb-2020 at 23:27:13.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST PETER, FROG HALL

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Lincolnshire
District:
East Lindsey (District Authority)
Parish:
Wildmore
National Grid Reference:
TF 25092 53178

Details

TF 25 SE WILDMORE FROG HALL

9/87 Church of St Peter 14.9.66

- II

Parish church. 1816, possibly by Jeptha Pacey. Red brick in Flemish bond, sandstone and limestone, ashlar dressings. Slate roof with deeply overhanging eaves on paired moulded flat brackets. Single cell plan. The gabled west end has corner pilasters and an ashlar band linking the eaves, forming a pediment. On the gable is a timber gabled bellcote supported on wooden brackets. The central double half glazed panelled doors are flanked by plain brick pilasters with deep flat lead hood on wooden brackets over. Above the hood a semi-circular arch made from red tiles. The eaves ashlar band has at the centre an ashlar datestone with "1816" in raised letters. Above is a vertical slot. The sides with short plinths, one each of 3 bays divided by plain brick pilasters, between them is a plain sandstone ashlar band at the springing level of the window arches. 3 Y traceried windows with pointed heads and chamfered ashlar mullions. In the east end is a further similar window with vertical slot to the gable. Interior. Deal pews and matchboarded dado panelling. Foliate wrought iron supports to altar rails. Octagonal font with annular base, a Greek cross to east side. The church is one of 7 built when the Fen was drained.

Listing NGR: TF2509253178

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
400495
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jun 2000
Reference: IOE01/02254/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr John Scarbro. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].