DUTTON LOCKS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1216524
Date first listed:
18-Jul-1986
Statutory Address:
DUTTON LOCKS, WEAVER NAVIGATION

Map

Ordnance survey map of DUTTON LOCKS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1216524 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Sep-2019 at 15:18:21.

Location

Statutory Address:
DUTTON LOCKS, WEAVER NAVIGATION

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Acton Bridge
District:
Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Dutton
National Grid Reference:
SJ5864276912

Details

The asset was previously listed twice also under List entry 139034. This entry was removed from the List on 14th March 2016.

SJ 57 NE 5865 7689 1/9

ACTON BRIDGE C.P. WEAVER NAVIGATION

Dutton Locks

II

GV

Pair of locks: dated 1874 for the Weaver Navigation Co. Red sandstone and limestone ashlar in bands, wooden gates and cast-iron furniture. Lock gates driven by Pelton turbines with cast-iron covers inscribed NORTHERN FOUNDRY CO. LTD: TURBINE MAKERS: OIJDHAM. Control handles on bollards with spherical tops standing on circular cast-iron covers inscribed HANNA DONALD & WILLS MAKERS, PAISLEY, 1874. The locks, large enough to take sea going ships, have semaphore signals to control entry.



Listing NGR: SJ 58642 76912

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
401946
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Apr 2002
Reference: IOE01/05371/33
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Maurice Richardson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].