STANLEY WAREHOUSE TO SOUTH OF TOBACCO WAREHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1217978
Date first listed:
14-Mar-1975
Date of most recent amendment:
19-Jun-1985
Statutory Address:
STANLEY WAREHOUSE TO SOUTH OF TOBACCO WAREHOUSE, STANLEY DOCK

Map

Ordnance survey map of STANLEY WAREHOUSE TO SOUTH OF TOBACCO WAREHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1217978.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Nov-2019 at 15:25:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
STANLEY WAREHOUSE TO SOUTH OF TOBACCO WAREHOUSE, STANLEY DOCK

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Liverpool (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 33748 91984

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 15/12/2016

SJ 3392, SJ 39 SW 18/1190, 31/1190

STANLEY DOCK, L5 Stanley Warehouse to south of Tobacco Warehouse

(Formerly listed under Great Howard Street)

14.03.75.

GV II Warehouse, 1853-56. J.Hartley. Built together with the warehouse on the north side of the dock (qv), but this southern one is now cut off from the dock by the later Tobacco Warehouse (qv). Brick with rubble granite base, rock-faced stone ground floor. Five storeys, 31 bays. Segmental-headed windows with small-paned iron casements, cast-iron Doric columns to ground floor of north side, but arches now blocked by brick infilling. Parapet altered.

Listing NGR: SJ3381992003

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
359564
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16844/29
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Ronald May. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].