PRESTBURY HALL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1221891
Date first listed:
06-Jul-1984
Statutory Address:
PRESTBURY HALL, THE VILLAGE

Map

Ordnance survey map of PRESTBURY HALL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1221891.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Jan-2020 at 15:20:36.

Location

Statutory Address:
PRESTBURY HALL, THE VILLAGE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Cheshire East (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Prestbury
National Grid Reference:
SJ 89954 76817

Details

SJ 87 NE PRESTBURY C.P. THE VILLAGE (South Side)

5/210 Prestbury Hall

GV II

Large house: possibly C16 origins, house c.1790 with new facade c.1840 and restoration of c.1950. Stuccoed brick on grey sandstone plinth. Hipped Kerridge stone-slate roofs around leaded well, through which 2 large chimneys with 4 and 5 Tudor diamond brick stacks pass. 3-storey symmetrical 5-bay front. 3-light mullions in the plinth. End bays step forward and have tripartite sashes between which are decorated bolection moulded panels. Above the top window is a fan lunette and the whole is surrounded by a raised band. Central bays have 16-pane sashes and a projecting solid porch with a simple architrave and a semi-circular headed entrance approached by 4 steps. Eaves carried on wooden brackets, small brick addition to right. To rear is a 2-storey near circular bay with 12-pane sashes. Interior: Georgian in plan but decorations and fittings of 1950 restoration.

Listing NGR: SJ8995376813

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
413829
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14621/02
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham R. Heasman. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].