CHURCH OF ST DUBRICIUS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1224924
Date first listed:
03-Jul-1985
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST DUBRICIUS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST DUBRICIUS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1224924.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 05:57:15.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST DUBRICIUS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
County of Herefordshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Whitchurch
National Grid Reference:
SO 55619 17496

Details

SO 51 NE WHITCHURCH CP WHITCHURCH

6/199 Church of St Dubricius



GV II*

Parish church. C13 foundation, rebuilt C14 with later alterations, north aisle and south porch added in 1861, church restored in 1860. Sandstone rubble, ashlar dressings, stone slates to roof. Nave with south porch and north aisle; chancel and north vestry. Three-bay nave with one 2- light window (trefoil-headed lights and quatrefoil) and one paired 4-light window ( trefoil-headed lights and unusual central roundel of plate tracery). This is an unusual window which looks almost like two separate windows side by side. Gabled porch to west. Two-bay chancel with heavily restored doorway and square-headed 2-light window to east. East window: three trefoiled ogee-headed lights and reticulated tracery. Interior: C14 trussed rafter roofs to nave and chancel, two continuous moulded chamfers to chancel arch. C19 three-bay arcade with octagonal piers, moulded bases and capitals. Fittings: late C12 font, circular bowl with incised arcading motif, later square base.

Listing NGR: SO5561917496

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
421123
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 07 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00390/09
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Gary Were. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].