CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (PRESBYTERIAN)

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1227408
Date first listed:
29-Mar-1988
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (PRESBYTERIAN), PONT STREET

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1227408.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Apr-2021 at 21:09:05.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (PRESBYTERIAN), PONT STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Kensington and Chelsea (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 27587 79116

Details

LONDON BOROUGH OF KENSINGTON & Chelsea

TW 2779SE Pont Street 41/200 CHURCH OF ST COLUMBA (Presbyterian)

GV II

Presbyterian church. 1950-1955 by Sir Edward Maufe. Portland stone with green slate roof. Ground floor halls with church above, church offices to east and west and a SW tower. Front bay triple arched entrance with a tall simple lancet cover, flanked to left by tower with bell-cambered pyramidal roof and to right by a house facade of two bays and three storeys with side dormers has broad round-arched ground-floor windows with five lancets over. Interior with columned vestibules and first floors; church interior has wide nave of six bays on ground with passage-aisles; arcades of round arches on square piers, eastern transpetal bays (with round columns) and Romanesque capitals, shallow sanctuary with round east window high-up. Four-sided canted roof, stone dado, remainder of walls and roof all whitened. Original oak pews and fittings.

Listing NGR: TQ2758779116

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
425033
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/06963/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Adam Watson. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].