1-12 DAYBROOK ALMSHOUSES

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1227486
Date first listed:
27-Apr-1987
Statutory Address:
1 -12 DAYBROOK ALMSHOUSES, MANSFIELD ROAD

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1227486.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 20-Apr-2021 at 05:09:16.

Location

Statutory Address:
1 -12 DAYBROOK ALMSHOUSES, MANSFIELD ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Nottinghamshire
District:
Gedling (District Authority)
Parish:
Non Civil Parish
National Grid Reference:
SK5798745105

Details

GEDLING MANSFIELD ROAD SK 54 NE Daybrook (east side) Nos 1 to 12 4/54 Daybrook Almshouses G.V. II 12 almshouses. 1899. Possibly by J. L. Pearson Jnr. Commissioned by Sir John Robinson. Rockfaced and plain ashlar with gabled and pyramid plain tile roofs. C17 Renaissance Revival style. Chamfered plinth, shouldered shaped coped gables. 12 side wall stacks. 2 storeys, 7 bays. Single range. Windows are mainly cross and mullioned casements. Gabled west front has larger projecting terminal gabled wings each with 2 blank panels. 3 storey central gatehouse with wind vane. Gatehouse has round headed carriage opening. Flanked by 3 gabled porches, each with a door in each side and 2 casements. Each porch is flanked by single cross casements. Above, gatehouse has 3 casements, the central one largest, flanked by 6 casements. Above again, gatehouse has central datestone inscribed '1899'. Above again, 3 round headed casements, the central one largest.

Listing NGR: SK5798745105

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
425294
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00855/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Paul Alistair Bloomer. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].