MEDIEVAL CROSS IN ST EDITH'S CHURCHYARD, SOUTH OF CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1228350

Date first listed: 28-Nov-1984

Statutory Address: MEDIEVAL CROSS IN ST EDITH'S CHURCHYARD, SOUTH OF CHURCH, WORTHENBURY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of MEDIEVAL CROSS IN ST EDITH'S CHURCHYARD, SOUTH OF CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1228350 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Mar-2019 at 15:44:36.

Location

Statutory Address: MEDIEVAL CROSS IN ST EDITH'S CHURCHYARD, SOUTH OF CHURCH, WORTHENBURY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District: Cheshire West and Chester (Unitary Authority)

Parish: Church Shocklach

National Grid Reference: SJ 43181 50168

Details

SJ 45 SW CHURCH SHOCKLACH C.P. WORTHENBURY ROAD West Side

2/12 Medieval Cross in St Edith's Churchyard, South of Church -

GV II

Cross, medieval, of red sandstone; the octagonal shaft replaced or recut 1896. The head is missing. The restored plinth stands on a square base of 4 sandstone steps. Locally reputed to have been used as a Plague Cross where food and water was left for those infected.

Listing NGR: SJ4318150168

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 402964

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing