METHODIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1228760

Date first listed: 19-Sep-1975

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH, THE HARBOUR

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH, WEST BAY ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of METHODIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1228760 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 17:23:52.

Location

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH, THE HARBOUR

Statutory Address: METHODIST CHURCH, WEST BAY ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: West Dorset (District Authority)

Parish: Bridport

National Grid Reference: SY 46319 90349

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

WEST BAY 1. 5191 EAST OF WEST BAY ROAD AND THE HARBOUR Methodist Church SY 4690 10/195 II GV 2. 1849. Built by Messrs Cox and Son, Shipbuilders, Mr John Cox had-been leader of the Society ever since the West Bay Wesleyan Society was formed in 1828, Hammer dressed stone. Rendered sides. Pitched slate roof. Coped gable ends. 1 storey, 2 round headed windows with Gothick glazing bars on each side. Porch has panel and pilaster treatment, full entablature with projecting eaves on shaped consoles, 2 panelled door, and tent roof with finial,

No.11, The Fountain, Messrs Norman Goods Warehouse, No13 (Clarence House), the Methodist Church, the Bridport Arms Hotel, Ship Cottage, The Dinghy and Pier Terrace form a group.

Listing NGR: SY4631990349

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 403385

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing