UNITED REFORMED CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1230093
Date first listed:
11-Jun-1973
Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, 53, WEST STREET, DORKING, RH4 1BS

Map

Ordnance survey map of UNITED REFORMED CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1230093 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2019 at 20:45:34.

Location

Statutory Address:
UNITED REFORMED CHURCH, 53, WEST STREET, DORKING, RH4 1BS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Surrey
District:
Mole Valley (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 16370 49419

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17/03/2016

TQ 1649 SW 4/215

WEST STREET (North Side) No. 53 (United Reformed Church)

(Formerly listed as Congregational Church, WEST STREET)

II 1834. By Shearburn. Brick. Temple-like front of 2 storeys with rectangular pediment. Stuccoed long and short quoins, stringcourse, door cases, window dressings; rendered pediment. 3 round-headed windows with impost moulding. 3 doorways on ground floor: central doorway with flat-headed arch flanked by engaged pilasters with entablature and overdoor over. Round-headed end doorways with moulded architraves and keystones, set in doorcase with rectangular pediment supported by engaged partly rusticated pilasters.

Listing NGR: TQ1637049419

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
404958
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 May 2001
Reference: IOE01/03897/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Peter Karry. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].