STUBWOOD METHODIST CHAPEL, FORECOURT WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1230721
Date first listed:
30-May-1985
Statutory Address:
STUBWOOD METHODIST CHAPEL, FORECOURT WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATE, STUBWOOD

Map

Ordnance survey map of STUBWOOD METHODIST CHAPEL, FORECOURT WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1230721.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 01:13:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
STUBWOOD METHODIST CHAPEL, FORECOURT WALLS, RAILINGS AND GATE, STUBWOOD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Staffordshire
District:
East Staffordshire (District Authority)
Parish:
Denstone
National Grid Reference:
SK 09681 40030

Details

SK 04 SE DENSTONE C.P. STUBWOOD

4/44 Stubwood Methodist - Chapel, forecourt walls, railings and gate

- II

Non-conformist chapel. Dated 1841. Coursed, squared and dressed large stone blocks; low pitched hipped slate roof. Neo-Tudor and classical elements. Central stuccoed porch with Tuscan corner pilasters to cambered lintel; iron studded door with inscribed scroll carved above: "TAKE FAST HOLD OF INSTRUCTION", recessed panel over inscribed "STUBWOOD METHODIST / CHAPEL / AND / SUNDAY SCHOOL / A.D. 1841; one 2-light chamfer mullioned window to each side of porch with rebated surrounds, returned hood moulds and latticed lights with frosted glass; banded and shaped eaves course. Side walls, dwarf front walls and square sectioned gate piers, together with cast iron railings and gate consisting of spears and urn capped standard, enclose a small forecourt. Low lean-to extension to left with door and corrugated iron roof.

Listing NGR: SK0968140030

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
405554
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/07958/23
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Stanley Strudwick. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].