GROUP OF THREE BOUNDARY POSTS AT NATIONAL GRID REFERENCE ST 7480 6186

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1232500
Date first listed:
14-Aug-1984
Statutory Address:
GROUP OF THREE BOUNDARY POSTS AT NATIONAL GRID REFERENCE ST 7480 6186, SOUTH STOKE LANE

Map

Ordnance survey map of GROUP OF THREE BOUNDARY POSTS AT NATIONAL GRID REFERENCE ST 7480 6186
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1232500.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 02-Jun-2020 at 19:46:50.

Location

Statutory Address:
GROUP OF THREE BOUNDARY POSTS AT NATIONAL GRID REFERENCE ST 7480 6186, SOUTH STOKE LANE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Bath and North East Somerset (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Southstoke
National Grid Reference:
ST 74800 61860

Details

ST 76 SW SOUTH STOKE SOUTH STOKE ROAD (east side)

6/218 Group of Three Boundary Posts at NGR ST 7480 6186 - II

Boundary Posts. (1) Dated 1827 for the Bath Turnpike Trust. Cast iron post, triangular on plan with a half-pyramidal top. Raised lettering reads: "1827/ WIDCOMBE - BATH TURNPIKE TRUST (written up the body of the post) - SOUTH STOKE". (2) Dated 1912. Cast iron triangular post with half pyramidal top. Raised lettering up the body of the post reads: "CITY OF BATH/SOMERSET C.C.". (3) Boundary post, probably dated 1804. Ashlar upright with semi-circular head. Incised lettering reads: "P/L AND W/(1804)".

Listing NGR: ST7480061860

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
407882
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Aug 2005
Reference: IOE01/14453/01
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Graham G. G. Warren. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].

Back
to top