12 AND 13, STRATFORD PLACE W1

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1237137
Date first listed:
10-Sep-1954
Statutory Address:
12 AND 13, STRATFORD PLACE W1

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1237137.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-May-2021 at 11:12:20.

Location

Statutory Address:
12 AND 13, STRATFORD PLACE W1

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
City of Westminster (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 28482 81218

Details

TQ 2881 SE CITY OF WESTMINSTER STRATFORD PLACE W1 55/3 10.9.54 Nos 12 and 13 GV II Pair of surviving houses from terrace on west side of Stratford House forecourt. 1774 by Richard Edwin. Stuccoed brick with slate roofs. Similar design to Nos 8 to 10. Three storeys, basement and dormered mansard. Three and 5 windows wide. Semicircular arched ground floor windows and doorways with archivolt arches recessed for one order and linking impost string. First floor windows with alternate segmental and straight pediments, plain surrounds to second floor, all sashes with glazing bars. Plat bands and sill courses. Projecting cornice and parapet. Wrought iron area railings. Part of a symmetrical composition balancing the opposite side of the cul-de-sac approach to Stratford House.

Listing NGR: TQ2848281219

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
428361
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 16 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/06303/30
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Richard M. Brown. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].