Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1238836.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Feb-2020 at 16:51:41.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Malvern Hills (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SO 83825 36256


SO 83 NW LONGDON LONGDON VILLAGE (B4211) 1/13 25-3-68 Church of Saint Mary GV II*

Church with c1300 West tower, nave 1787 by William Marshall and chancel 1868 by Rev A C Lefrey. Tower blue lias stone 3 stage with Y tracery single bell openings, a North side stair turret and recessed octagonal spire with corner pinnacles. Moulded tower arch to nave. Nave rendered and lined as ashlar with ashlar dressings to South side. Slate low pitched roof. Stone plinth, quoins to angles and projecting centre bay, cornice, parapet over centre bay and coping. Stone surrounds to central Venetian window and to 2 large arched windows. Leaded lights. Painted brick rear wall. 1868 blue lias stone South porch with slate roof. Neo-Norman South door. Chancel blue lias stone, Neo-Norman, apsed with slate roof. One south window, 5 apse windows. Nave interior has Ionic half-columns on pedestals flanking centre Venetian window on South side and corresponding recess opposite. Moulded plaster cornice and impost band to central window and recess. Neo-Norman chancel arch and furnishings to chancel. In nave a brass to W Bridges d 1523 and his wife and good c1794 wall monument to the Parket family by W Stephens. Late C18 pulpit with tester. Stained glass: 5 windows of c1875, apse centre window c1945 by Powells.

Listing NGR: SO8382536256


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 27 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15973/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].