CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1239009
Date first listed:
25-Mar-1968
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1239009.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 28-Feb-2020 at 00:23:26.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF SAINT NICHOLAS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Worcestershire
District:
Malvern Hills (District Authority)
Parish:
Queenhill
National Grid Reference:
SO 86073 36647

Details

SO 83 NE QUEENHILL QUEENHILL 2/11 25-3-68 Church of Saint Nicholas II*

Church C11, C13 and C15 restored G G Scott 1855. Blue lias stone with plain tile roofs. West tower, nave, south porch and chancel. Small 3 stage tower with 2-light bell openings and 1855 tiled saddleback roof. Nave with central Norman south door with one order of colonettes, zig zag arch and pellet hood mould. C19 timber porch. To each side a renewed Perp. style window. On north side two 3-light perp. windows restored. Chancel with 2 large C13 chamfered lancets end side and pointed head door between 3-light east window with cinquefoil heads. Interior: plastered nave roof with 4 tie beams. C17 pulpit with C15 carved top band added. Chancel screen C15 restored Neo-Norman font on old base. Chancel roof C19. Altar rails C17 restored. Incised slab to H. Field d 1584. Some C14 glass in nave north window. East window 1892-3 by E Franklin. Pevsner: Worcestershire p 247.

Listing NGR: SO8607336647

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
416732
Legacy System:
LBS

Sources

Books and journals
Pevsner, N, The Buildings of England: Worcestershire, (1968)

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 18 Jul 2006
Reference: IOE01/15973/08
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Peter Harnwell. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].