CHRIST CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1241641
Date first listed:
09-Aug-1966
Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH, CHESTER ROAD, WOODFORD, STOCKPORT, SK1 1PR

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHRIST CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1241641.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Feb-2020 at 16:36:48.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHRIST CHURCH, CHESTER ROAD, WOODFORD, STOCKPORT, SK1 1PR

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Stockport (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SJ 88556 82325

Details

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 02/02/2016

SJ 88 SE 10/22

BRAMHALL Woodford CHESTER ROAD (south-east side) Christ Church

(Formerly listed under WILMSLOW ROAD)

9.8.66

GV II Church. c.1841 with porch of late C19, vestry of 1938 and parish hall of C20. English garden wall bond and Flemish bond brick with stone dressings and slate roof. Nave (formerly with west gallery) and chancel under one roof with central west tower and C20 additions to south. 5 bays with stone plinth,3-light mullion and transom windows, weathered buttresses (angled at corners) and roof with coped gables, kneelers and ball finials. The porch in bay 3 has a similar gable, a chamfered door surround and a window above. The tower has diagonal buttresses, a chamfered surround to door opening, clock faces, round-headed belfry openings and a castellated parapet with corner pinnacles. 4-light east window as above. Interior: timber fittings of various dates some in a Jacobean style including chancel panelling, pulpit, box pews and a large west organ. Arch-braced collar- tie roof trusses and stained glass.

Listing NGR: SJ8855682325

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
440811
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].