Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1243319.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 10-Apr-2021 at 20:04:31.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SU 00699 62674


ROUNDWAY ROUNDWAY PARK SU 06 SW 5/219 Roundway House 19.3.62 II

Two sides of stable court of demolished Roundway Park, late C18, probably by James Wyatt. Ashlar with slate roofs, 2 storeys, L- plan. Plinth, string course, moulded cornice and parapet. Left range has been altered in conversion to house, 2:5:2 window range with centre projecting slightly. Sides have 6-pane upper windows over 12-pane lower windows. Centre has first floor oval light and 6-pane window each side, no centre opening. Oval lights are C20. Ground floor has 2 large blank arches framing C20 twelve-pane sashes with oval plaques over and centre C20 open pedimented doorcase, which replaces a similar blank arch framing an arched doorway. C20 eight-pane sash to ground floor each side. Long entrance range of 5:3:5 bays, the wings with 6-pane upper windows and ground floor 12-pane windows, 6-panel doors with overlights in end bays of each wing. Centrepiece in triumphal arch form, high central carriage arch, slightly projected side bays with arched- headed double doors, string course and 6-pane upper windows. Side bays have blind balustrading, centre has raised attic with pediment over round clock. Panelled piers each side. Rear of this range is similar but openings mostly blind and alternating arched panels with rectangular panels on ground floor, circular panels with square panels above. End bays of wings project slightly. Roundway Park was built 1777-83 for J. Sutton by James Wyatt, altered 1841-2 by T. Finden for E.F. Colston and held by the Colston family, Lords Roundway until c1948. The house was demolished in 1955.

Listing NGR: SU0069962674


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00247/15
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr DR Parker. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].