CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II*
List Entry Number:
1244024
Date first listed:
10-Sep-1954
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, THE GREEN

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1244024.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 15-Dec-2019 at 03:24:41.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ST MARY THE VIRGIN, THE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Sevenoaks (District Authority)
Parish:
Westerham
National Grid Reference:
TQ 44759 54083

Details

1. 5280 WESTERHAM WESTERHAM The Green (North Side)

Church of St Mary the Virgin TQ 4454

35/1368

10.9.54. II*

2. Nave and aisles continuous with chancel and aisles. West tower. Modern vestry at north-west corner. Aisles very wide. Sandstone rubble walls. Shingled spire on tower. Originally C13 and some stonework remaining but mostly of different times in C14. C15 timber roof. Windows restored in C19. Perpendicular font. Several C16 small brasses and various C17 and C18 memorial tablets.



Listing NGR: TQ4475954083

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
448686
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 09 Oct 1999
Reference: IOE01/01101/03
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Rex Bamber. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].