THE EBENEZER CHAPEL

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1244278
Date first listed:
05-Sep-1991
Statutory Address:
THE EBENEZER CHAPEL, HIGH STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THE EBENEZER CHAPEL
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1244278.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 07-Dec-2019 at 00:58:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
THE EBENEZER CHAPEL, HIGH STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Sevenoaks (District Authority)
Parish:
Edenbridge
National Grid Reference:
TQ 44344 46272

Details

The following building shall be added to the list;

TQ 4446 EDENBRIDGE HIGH STREET

12/1507 The Ebenezer Chapel

II

Non-conformist chapel. Built in 1808, with late C19 gable end. Weather boarded with brick gable end to street and slate roof. Gable end has brick modillions and kneelers. Side elevation has original 12-pane sash in reveals and doorcase with flat woode hood on brackets and double doors with 2 panels. Attached to rear is lower elevation lean-to vestry with half-glazed door. Interior of chapel has roof of arched brace type and wooden cornice and pilasters, hexagonal pulpit with stick balusters, resued oak floor boards and some fixed original benches. Wall tablet to Thomas Chandler pastor d.1866. Vestry has original 2 panelled door, corner cupboard and benches.

Listing NGR: TQ4434446272

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
449204
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 17 May 2002
Reference: IOE01/07040/21
Rights: Copyright IoE Norman Wigg. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].