EVANGELICAL CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1245303
Date first listed:
02-Jul-1997
Statutory Address:
EVANGELICAL CHURCH, SHRUBLAND ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of EVANGELICAL CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1245303.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2019 at 19:49:18.

Location

Statutory Address:
EVANGELICAL CHURCH, SHRUBLAND ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Greater London Authority
District:
Hackney (London Borough)
National Grid Reference:
TQ 34292 83987

Details

TQ 3483 SHRUBLAND ROAD

735-/31/10047 Evangelical Church

II

Iron mission church. Built 1858. Originally clad in corrugated iron; now reclad in corrugated asbestos shecting. Single storey shed with pitched roof and central 'steeple' at the front. Pointed arch doorway, flanked by paired lights. Five bays of paired lights on each side wall of the church, with pointed wooden frames. Glass c. 1900. Interior: Panelled entrance lobby with chamfered muntins, panelled dado. Iron roof trusses with decorated Gothic spandrels, wooden rafters. Wooden pews. Reading platform at east end with twisted balusters and curved pulpit; large organ behind. An early, rare and complete example of a temporary iron Mission Church.



Listing NGR: TQ3429283987

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
468755
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 03 Sep 2007
Reference: IOE01/16736/11
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Anthony Rau. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].