13, COLLEGE GREEN

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1245895
Date first listed:
23-Jan-1952
Statutory Address:
13, COLLEGE GREEN

Map

© Crown Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2021. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1245895.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 11-May-2021 at 14:47:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
13, COLLEGE GREEN

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Gloucestershire
District:
Gloucester (District Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SO 82998 18846

Details

GLOUCESTER

SO8218NE COLLEGE GREEN 844-1/7/78 (West side) 23/01/52 No.13

GV II

House. 1735-6. By John Pasco. Brick with stone details, slate roof with dormers, gable-end stacks. Double-depth block, the accommodation increased by a short extension into the south end of No.14 College Green (qv) adjoining to right. EXTERIOR: two storeys, attic and cellar. The front of three bays, red brick in English bond with raised stone band at first-floor level and a coved and moulded timber eaves cornice returned at either end; entrance doorway in the right hand bay approached by flight of four stone steps to threshold; doorcase with moulded architrave, frieze of paterae alternating with grooved triglyphs and pediment; in other bays on ground and first floors, sashes with glazing bars (3x4 panes) in flush timber frames; above the outer bays gabled roof dormers, each with pair of casements with glazing bars. INTERIOR: stone paved entrance hall and open well staircase with closed string, suspended newels and barleysugar balusters; on the first floor timber-framing within the south end of No.14 (qv) exposed by the extension to increase the accommodation of No.13; several C18 six-panel doors; brick vaulted cellar with fragment of a medieval masonry wall incorporating part of a door jamb with stopped chamfer. HISTORY: built by John Pasco, master builder of Moulsey, Surrey, as a speculation in partnership with Barnabas Gunn, cathedral organist, on ground leased from the bishop.







Listing NGR: SO8299818846

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
472169
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 12 Aug 2000
Reference: IOE01/02647/34
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr Jack Farley. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].