FORMER SMEDLEY'S HYDROPATHIC (COUNTY COUNCIL OFFICES)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1248195

Date first listed: 26-Oct-1972

Statutory Address: FORMER SMEDLEY'S HYDROPATHIC (COUNTY COUNCIL OFFICES), SMEDLEY STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of FORMER SMEDLEY'S HYDROPATHIC (COUNTY COUNCIL OFFICES)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1248195 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 14-Nov-2018 at 14:07:55.

Location

Statutory Address: FORMER SMEDLEY'S HYDROPATHIC (COUNTY COUNCIL OFFICES), SMEDLEY STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Derbyshire

District: Derbyshire Dales (District Authority)

Parish: Matlock Town

National Grid Reference: SK 30080 60698

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

1. SMEDLEY STREET 1390 MATLOCK

Former Smedley's Hydropathic (County Council Offices) SK 36 SW 8/114

II

2. The original wing built by Smedley, 1867. Stone; 4 storeys; 11 windows fitted with modern sashes; sill bands; castellated parapets. Later single- storeyed addition on south side with 4 circular windows. 4-storeyed wing on east side, an addition of circa 1885 by George Statham of Nottingham, has tower on left- hand side with square mansard roof surmounted by iron cresting and corona. Much of the original interior has been retained. Forms part of a very large and complex building having numerous later additions and alterations, the whole prominently sited high above the town.

Listing NGR: SK3008060698

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 429661

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing