CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
I
List Entry Number:
1248382
Date first listed:
16-Jul-1958
Date of most recent amendment:
16-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

Map

Ordnance survey map of CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1248382 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 25-Jun-2019 at 06:29:44.

Location

Statutory Address:
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Breckland (District Authority)
Parish:
Rocklands
National Grid Reference:
TL 99440 96016

Details

TL 99 NE ROCKLANDS -- '~'~

4/57 Church of All Saints 16/7/58 (Formerly listed as Church - of All Saints and St Andrew) 1

Parish church. Various dates Cll-cl5, restored 1860. Flint with ashlar quoins and slate roofs. West tower, nave, chancel. Tower late C13 in 3 stages, stair turret to south through first stage. West door double chamfered and blocked. Single trefoil and cinquefoil lights to second stage under square hood moulds and 2-light cusped belfry windows supporting quatrefoil of early C14. Nave with long and short quoins to each corner and some flintwork in herringbone courses, probably all late C11. No buttresses. C13 gabled porch with knapped flint and parapet. Narrow chamfered door and arch under hood with labels. Cinquefoil niche above with ovolo hood. One cinquefoil lancet to west of porch under hollow hood on beak stops, one 3=light Cl5 window to east with flat top. Chancel south : 2-light cusped window supporting-encircled petal with hood 1860; plain arched priest's door; 2-light window as nave; reset early C14 punched quatrefoil. 3-light east window under hood. Interior Tall tower arch. 12 C15 poppy heads on C19 bench ends. Bowl of square Norman font. Anglo-Saxon tomb slab with 2 Alisee patee crosses connected by staff with 4 interlace incised panels between. Octagonal font 1880 with carved panels. Roofs panelled 1860.

Listing NGR: TL9944096016

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
220219
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].