PARK FARMHOUSE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1250093
Date first listed:
18-Nov-1983
Statutory Address:
PARK FARMHOUSE, CROMER ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of PARK FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2020. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1250093.pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 31-Mar-2020 at 08:21:45.

Location

Statutory Address:
PARK FARMHOUSE, CROMER ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Norfolk
District:
Broadland (District Authority)
Parish:
Hevingham
National Grid Reference:
TG 20452 20806

Details

TG 22 SW HEVINGHAM CROMER ROAD

6/57 Park Farmhouse.

II

Manor House, C16 and later. Built of red brick with corrugated smut tiles. L-shaped plan of 2 storeys and attics with single storey C19 range to the north. A fragment of the manor house built on the site of the former Bishop's Palace. Altered in the mid C18, and radically in 1844. C19 facade to south 3 windows with C20 door in original opening. Casement windows with wrought iron lights and glass quatrels. Brick chamfered reveals, flat chamfered gauged brick arches with moulded brick hood moulds. Shallow brick pilaster to the right of the doorway. Over the door a mediaeval stone corbel and terra-cotta King's head. Brick dentil eaves course. C16 gable wall to east, with brick plinth, blocked window with hood mould and stepped gable. Fragment of stone tracery set high up in wall. Mid C18 gable wall to west, with plinth, and re-used stone possibly from the 'Bishop's Palace. First floor casement window and blocked window with segmental brick arches and moulded brick string course at attic floor level. Attic window with segmental brick arch. North wing with C19 casement windows, brickwork and stepped gable as above. Brick dentil eaves, C19 stepped gables and end gable stacks to east and west. Single storey north range not of special interest. North gable inscribed RM 1844. A tie iron on the east gable is inscribed M. 1661 M.

Listing NGR: TG2045220806

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
228015
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 22 Mar 2002
Reference: IOE01/05455/06
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr David N. Gifford. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].