This browser is not fully supported by Historic England. Please update your browser to the latest version so that you get the best from our website.

DRINKING FOUNTAIN 20 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF GRAY ART GALLERY

List Entry Summary

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

Name: DRINKING FOUNTAIN 20 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF GRAY ART GALLERY

List entry Number: 1250248

Location

DRINKING FOUNTAIN 20 METRES TO SOUTH EAST OF GRAY ART GALLERY, CLARENCE ROAD

The building may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:

District: Hartlepool

District Type: Unitary Authority

Parish:

National Park: Not applicable to this List entry.

Grade: II

Date first listed: 17-Dec-1985

Date of most recent amendment: Not applicable to this List entry.

Legacy System Information

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System: LBS

UID: 432354

Asset Groupings

This list entry does not comprise part of an Asset Grouping. Asset Groupings are not part of the official record but are added later for information.

List entry Description

Summary of Building

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

HARTLEPOOL CLARENCE ROAD NZ 5032 (west side) 10/59 Drinking Fountain, 20m to south-east of Gray Art Gallery and Museum.

- II

Ornamental drinking fountain, 1902. Polychrome faience on stone steps. Triangular plan, having moulded cornice to pedestal, ramped angle buttresses and cyma recta moulding to plinth on circular-plan steps. Above the pedestal : segmental-arched opening to each face; angle pilaster strips, continuous entablature and shallow parapet with urn finials at angles. The whole is surmounted by a hexagonal quasi-lantern with pyramidal roof and ball finial. The fountain is located within the arched openings. Plaque on north face of lantern inscribed : "Presented by Henry Withy, J.P., May 24th 1902". Originally erected in Burn Valley Gardens; moved here in 1979.

Listing NGR: NZ5091232702

Selected Sources

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details

National Grid Reference: NZ 50912 32702

Map

Map
© Crown Copyright and database right 2017. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2017. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1250248 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Sep-2017 at 12:20:44.

End of official listing