TWO TUNS COTTAGE

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251035
Date first listed:
09-Dec-1955
Date of most recent amendment:
24-Jan-1986
Statutory Address:
TWO TUNS COTTAGE, 65, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of TWO TUNS COTTAGE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251035 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 06:04:10.

Location

Statutory Address:
TWO TUNS COTTAGE, 65, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Suffolk
District:
Mid Suffolk (District Authority)
Parish:
Bramford
National Grid Reference:
TM 12282 46557

Details

BRAMFORD THE STREET TM 1246 9/89 No.65 (Two Tuns Cottage) (Formerly listed as Premises 9.12.55 approximately 10 yards South East of the Almshouses) - II House. Part late C15 and part late C16. A cross-wing to left (of 2 storeys); a lower hall range rebuilt late C16 along the street frontage; there is some evidence that the earlier hall was set back further. Timber-framed and plastered. Plaintiled roof with C19 gabled casement dormers. C19 and C20 entrance door with vertical panels. The cross-wing has good quality close- studwork in 2 bays; there is evidence for a 3rd to rear. Plain crown-post roof; chamfered post with 2-way bracing on an arch-braced tie-beam at the open truss. The C16 range, of 1 storey with attics, is of lesser quality carpentry. It has blocked diamond mullioned windows beneath the eaves, and a good wind-braced clasped purlin roof. A C20 extension to rear.

Listing NGR: TM1228246557

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433444
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 06 Aug 1999
Reference: IOE01/00215/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mrs B.A. Curtis. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].