Heritage Category:
Listed Building
List Entry Number:
Date first listed:
Statutory Address:


Ordnance survey map of UPPER END FARMHOUSE
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251081 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Oct-2019 at 02:57:36.


Statutory Address:

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

Leeds (Metropolitan Authority)
National Grid Reference:
SE 19497 42455


AIREBOROUGH TOWN STREET SE 14 SE LS 20 (east side) Guiseley 4/76 No. 58 - (Upper End Farmhouse) GV II

Farmhouse, now house. Dated 1743 on porch; extended and altered. Coursed squared sandstone with quoins, stone slate roof (facade now strap-pointed, gable rendered). Two-unit central-lobby-entry plan, with 3rd unit added at right-hand end. Gable to road. Two storeys, formerly almost symmetrical; rebuilt single-storey porch offset slightly left of centre, with re-cut datestone inscribed " I "; single-light window at 1st floor above the W S 1743 porch, otherwise 2 windows on each floor, and one on each floor of the addition to the right, all with plain surrounds, flat-faced flush mullions and mostly of 3 lights but those to the left of the porch of 2 slightly wider lights. Ridge chimney in line with porch, gable copings with kneelers. Left gable wall has a 3-light window at 1st floor.

Interior: back-to-back rectangular stone fireplaces, that in the right-hand room with a bread oven to the right; vaulted cellar beneath added part at right-hand end; otherwise altered. (Nos. 60 and 62 abut rear wall; q.v.).

Listing NGR: SE1949742455


The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
Legacy System:


This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 11 Jul 2002
Reference: IOE01/01736/18
Rights: Copyright IoE Mr TE Wright. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].