HOLY TRINITY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251225
Date first listed:
06-Sep-1989
Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY

Map

Ordnance survey map of HOLY TRINITY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251225 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:43:28.

Location

Statutory Address:
HOLY TRINITY

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County:
Kent
District:
Maidstone (District Authority)
Parish:
Coxheath
National Grid Reference:
TQ 74390 51035

Details

COXHEATH HOLY TRINITY TQ 75 SW Coxheath 2/262 II Chapel to hospital. 1883. Built of coursed ragstone with slate roof, Nave with lower chancel, aisles, transepts and south vestry and north and south porches. Nave has clerestory with 3 triangular-shaped gables with sexfoil openings and aisles have 6 lancets and buttresses. Gabled porches with wood moulding and blank trefoil. South transept has elaborate arched window with sexfoil and 3 trefoliated lancets. Arched doorcase and gabled bell turret. East front has arched window with circular light and triple trefoliated lancets. Offset buttresses, 5 bay nave has to interior roof of arched trace and hammer beam type with trefoliated moulding to spandrels resting on stone corbels. Quatrefoil frieze to ridge. Stone arch on short marble co1umns. Chancel has ribbed roof, arched recess to north and small arched recess and arch to vestry on south side. Stained glass window of 1885 depicting crucifixion with dove and Star of David above. Encaustic floor tiles to sanctury and middle of nave. Pillar type octagonal stone font at back of nave.

Listing NGR: TQ7414651322

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433880
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 05 Feb 2002
Reference: IOE01/06608/26
Rights: Copyright IoE Dr Henry Teed. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].