BLOXWORTH LODGE, INCLUDING THE STABLES AND COACH HOUSE RANGES TO THE EAST

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251229

Date first listed: 20-Nov-1959

Date of most recent amendment: 28-Mar-1984

Statutory Address: BLOXWORTH LODGE, INCLUDING THE STABLES AND COACH HOUSE RANGES TO THE EAST

Map

Ordnance survey map of BLOXWORTH LODGE, INCLUDING THE STABLES AND COACH HOUSE RANGES TO THE EAST
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251229 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 18-Nov-2018 at 10:38:20.

Location

Statutory Address: BLOXWORTH LODGE, INCLUDING THE STABLES AND COACH HOUSE RANGES TO THE EAST

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Dorset

District: Purbeck (District Authority)

Parish: Bloxworth

National Grid Reference: SY 88352 94518

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

SY 89 SE BLOXWORTH BLOXWORTH VILLAGE

6/55 Bloxworth Lodge, including the stables and 20/11/59 coach houses ranges to the east. (Formerly listed as "The Old Rectory".)

GV II

Detached house - former Rectory. Late C18-early C19 - enlarged later in C19. Brick walls, part plastered, and colourwashed. Slate roofs. Original section has pyramidal roof with central stack. Two storeys. Entrance front has portico with free-standing Tuscan columns and flat entablature. Panelled door. One double-hung sash window on ground floor and 2 on first floor. Garden front has plastered walls and parapet with moulded cornice. Plat band at first floor level. Ground floor has 4 double-hung sash windows. First floor has 3 similar windows. Late C19 range on north has gabled slate roof. Lead pump on east wall, dated GP 1825. Internally, some contemporary joinery and fittings survive.

Attached stable and coach house range on east - now part residential and part used as cider house. L-shaped plan. Plastered walls on brick base, hipped slate roof, brick stacks. 2 storeys. Some plain ledged and some stable doors. Horizontally sliding sash windows with glazing bars on both floors.

Listing NGR: SY8835294518

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 433884

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing