TRINITY REFORMED CHURCH

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II

List Entry Number: 1251238

Date first listed: 04-Nov-1993

Statutory Address: TRINITY REFORMED CHURCH, PENDENNIS ROAD

Map

Ordnance survey map of TRINITY REFORMED CHURCH
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251238 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 17-Nov-2018 at 02:46:19.

Location

Statutory Address: TRINITY REFORMED CHURCH, PENDENNIS ROAD

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Greater London Authority

District: Lambeth (London Borough)

National Grid Reference: TQ 30386 72002

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

The following building shall be added:

STREATHAM PENDENNIS ROAD TQ3071 963- /30/10015 Trinity Reformed Church II

Congregational church. Designed by Ernest George and Peto in 1876-7 in Vernacular Revival style. Stock brick with red brick and stone dressings. Tiled roof with ridge tiles. Comprises nave and chancel in one with aisles and clerestorey and porch incorporated in north aisle. West front has large 2-tier 5-light round-headed window with sexfoil and cinquefoil lights above lancets. Brick-lined arch and bands. Lean-to porch in; north aisle has arched doorcase with gable above surmounted by cross. Clerestories of four 5-light half-gables each side with stained glass leaded lights. Below are paired lancets separated by buttresses. Interior has brick arcade supported on Corngrit Bath Stone colunnns with foliate capitals. Scissor-braced roof with dormer windows to the nave, anticipating those designed by R. Norman Shaw for St Michael and All Angels' Church, Bedford Park. Original box pews, panelled reredos and pulpit. The tower was never built. This is Ernest George's only surviving unaltered church following the gutting of St Andrew's Guildersfield Road by fire. [See "The Building News" December 15th 1876.]

Listing NGR: TQ3038672002

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 433888

Legacy System: LBS

Sources

Books and journals
'The Building News' in 15 December, (1876)

End of official listing