THREE DARK MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 16 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY

Overview

Heritage Category:
Listed Building
Grade:
II
List Entry Number:
1251272
Date first listed:
29-Jan-1988
Statutory Address:
THREE DARK MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 16 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE STREET

Map

Ordnance survey map of THREE DARK MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 16 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY
© Crown Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2019. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251272 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 23-Jul-2019 at 01:41:11.

Location

Statutory Address:
THREE DARK MONUMENTS IN THE CHURCHYARD ABOUT 16 METRES SOUTH OF CHANCEL OF CHURCH OF ST MARY, THE STREET

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

District:
Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
Parish:
Broughton Gifford
National Grid Reference:
ST 87812 63106

Details

BROUGHTON GIFFORD THE STREET ST 86 SE (west side) 4/91 Three Dark monuments in the churchyard about 16 metres south of chancel of Church of St Mary GV II

Three chest tombs. Late C18 and early C19. Limestone and lias tombs. North tomb to Thomas Dark, oval fielded panels to sides and ends with relief-carved draped urns to sides, quarter balusters, fluted frieze to moulded flat top. Two low tombs to south; south one to Isaac Dark died 1818 and middle one to Thomas Dark died 1797, plain panels with painted decoration, blue lias flat tops.

Listing NGR: ST8781263106

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number:
433838
Legacy System:
LBS

Legal

This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.

End of official listing

Images of England

Images of England was a photographic record of every listed building in England, created as a snap shot of listed buildings at the turn of the millennium. These photographs of the exterior of listed buildings were taken by volunteers between 1999 and 2008. The project was supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund.

Date: 24 Sep 1999
Reference: IOE01/00455/19
Rights: Copyright IoE Gill Cardy. Source Historic England Archive
Archive image, may not represent current condition of site.
To view this image please use Firefox, Chrome, Safari, or Edge.

Your Contributions

Do you know more about this entry?

The following information has been contributed by users volunteering for our Enriching The List project. For small corrections to the List Entry please see our Minor Amendments procedure.

The information and images below are the opinion of the contributor, are not part of the official entry and do not represent the official position of Historic England. We have not checked that the contributions below are factually accurate. Please see our terms and conditions. If you wish to report an issue with a contribution or have a question please email [email protected].