TYPE G HANGAR (CALSHOT FORMER RNAS STATION APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CASTLE)

Overview

Heritage Category: Listed Building

Grade: II*

List Entry Number: 1251278

Date first listed: 07-Jan-1994

Statutory Address: TYPE G HANGAR (CALSHOT FORMER RNAS STATION APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CASTLE

Map

Ordnance survey map of TYPE G HANGAR (CALSHOT FORMER RNAS STATION APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CASTLE)
© Crown Copyright and database right 2018. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey Licence number 100024900.
© British Crown and SeaZone Solutions Limited 2018. All rights reserved. Licence number 102006.006.
Use of this data is subject to Terms and Conditions.

The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251278 .pdf

The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.

This copy shows the entry on 19-Nov-2018 at 05:48:15.

Location

Statutory Address: TYPE G HANGAR (CALSHOT FORMER RNAS STATION APPROXIMATELY 130 METRES SOUTH WEST OF CASTLE

The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.

County: Hampshire

District: New Forest (District Authority)

Parish: Fawley

National Park: NEW FOREST

National Grid Reference: SU 48806 02435

Summary

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Reasons for Designation

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

History

Legacy Record - This information may be included in the List Entry Details.

Details

In the entry for:- FAWlEY CALSHOT SU 40 SE 1860-/13/10001 Type G Hangar (Calshot former RNAS Station approx 130 metres south-west of Castle) GV II*

The description should be amended as follows:-

ONE 1: DELETE: "sports" INSERT: "recreation"

------------------------------------

FAWLEY SU 40 SE CALSHOT 1860- /13/10001 Type 'K+" Hm+gW (Calshot former RNAS Station approx 130 metres south-west of Castle) GV II*

Flying boat hangar, now sports hall. 1917. Steel framed structure with gabled roof and corrugated iron cladding. Rectangular plan hangar of 'K+" type, coveting an area of approx 972 metres. Continuous glaring below eaves and a set of sliding double doors. Interior has steel lattice girders. Part of an outstanding group of aircraft hangars dating from the 1914-1918 period: See Main Hangar (qv). __ .

Listing NGR: SU7524286001

Legacy

The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.

Legacy System number: 433934

Legacy System: LBS

End of official listing