- Heritage Category:
- Listed Building
- List Entry Number:
- Date first listed:
- Statutory Address:
The above map is for quick reference purposes only and may not be to scale. For a copy of the full scale map, please see the attached PDF - 1251283 .pdf
The PDF will be generated from our live systems and may take a few minutes to download depending on how busy our servers are. We apologise for this delay.
This copy shows the entry on 23-Oct-2019 at 05:43:07.
- Statutory Address:
The building or site itself may lie within the boundary of more than one authority.
- Wiltshire (Unitary Authority)
- National Grid Reference:
- ST 94044 58393
BULKINGTON BULKINGTON VILLAGE
ST 95 NW
Anglican parish church. 1860 by T. Cundy. Coursed rubble stone, pantiled roof with coped verges and cross finials. Nave and chancel with west bellcote over entrance. Planked west door in moulded surround with attached shafts, moulded string course carried over as hoodmould, six-point star-shaped window over. Steeply gabled ashlar bellcote with pointed opening. South side of nave has four pointed 2-light windows with C14-style geometric tracery, buttresses with offsets, north side has three 2-light windows, lean-to vestry with shouldered doorway and stack to east. Chancel has two 2-light windows to south and north side, 3-light window to east end, flush flanking buttresses. Interior: entrance lobby at west end. Nave has 4-bay deep arch- braced collar truss roof on stone corbels, exposed rafters with chamfered soffits, polychrome tiled floor. Plain chamfered pointed chancel arch with painted Biblical inscription, open screen. Planked chancel ceiling, polychrome tiled floor. Fittings: original C19 nave and chancel seating, wooden polygonal pulpit, octagonal stone font on pedestal. Stone prayer boards flanking altar, 1724 benefaction board on west wall of nave; gift of Joan White. (N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England, Wiltshire, 1975)
Listing NGR: ST9404458393
The contents of this record have been generated from a legacy data system.
- Legacy System number:
- Legacy System:
Books and journals
Pevsner, N , The Buildings of England: Wiltshire, (1975)
This building is listed under the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 as amended for its special architectural or historic interest.
End of official listing